03 January, 2010

Happiness to all in the New Year !

Well another year is over the and I know I am happy to have it over. I hope my life will settle down a little and back to more of a normal state. 

Below are some pictures from Christmas in Moab. First one is Maggie tearing up when she opened up the handkerchief that her Grandma Evelyn White asked me to give her. Maggie wore it as something old when she married Chris and the handkerchief belonged to Evelyn's great grandmother. She was so surprised to get it and had wanted to keep it after the wedding. Well, little did she know that her mother had it all along to give to her at Christmas.



As for the horrible looking me, it is Christmas morning and of course you go open gifts in your pajamas and straight from bed. No primping allowed. The mouth open was due to getting a Mario game for Nintendo DS that I take with me whenever I leave the house. You never know when you might need to pass the time. I have wanted that game for a while and was so shocked when I saw they had gotten it for me. I love it !



The next couple of pictures are of Maggie and Chris opening the quilt I made for them for Christmas. It is a king size quilt and I put their initials the same as was on their wedding cake topper and then their wedding date below that.  That was the center then each piece of material had some meaning to them including planes, Mary Englebreit, dogs, cats, hunting, etc.  Their bedroom is in forest green and brown shades, so I matched most of the pieces with that and the back was brown. 




Every year while we are in Moab, we always celebrate Maggie's birthday as well Chris' middle brother Mike's birthday.  Chris' mom and dad always get the coolest birthday cake. This year each half of the cake was done for Mike and Maggie. Of course, Chris has to be making a funny face in the picture and behind Maggie is Grandpa John and behind Mike is Grandpa Keith. What a great time it was.



Well coming back from Moab was a difficult thing. I still would love to live there, as there are so many pretty scenes to take pictures of.  The one I have at the top of my blog I took while in Moab this time. Below are also a couple of pictures I took while out sight seeing.  I love the small town size of Moab. Lehi used to be that way, but sometimes it takes me half an hour just to get across town to the grocery store.  The first picture below is at a winery called Castle Creek Winery. It is beautiful country, especially with the snow on the red rock. And the last picture after that is of the Colorado River taken straight down at it from a walking bridge as you come into town. Moab has had more snow this year than they have had in almost thirty years. It is totally awesome with all of the snow.






I hope you all had a wonderful holiday and one of my resolutions this year is to try to keep my blog more updated.  Loves to you all-

No comments: